Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Very Special Person

I was told that I needed to go out & have fun because my daughter was away visiting her sister in Texas for a month. So I made plans for my husband & I to go out with another couple. Within the first 5 minutes of us being out, I found out that a close friend of mine from the past, the woman who when my mom was 1400 miles away, adopted me when I was pregnant, and the first person to ever babysit my daughter, Grandma Jan had died. All of the sudden the air was sucked out of my lungs...I couldn't breathe. Then, I started sobbing. So I excused myself & escaped outside to cry. My husband came out to check on me, I said I was alright. I went back into the lounge and we all played pool, then went to another establishment to have some food. Through out the night I have been softly crying, every other moment my eyes were leaking; I couldn't help it, they wouldn't stop. My husband just hugged me and said he understood.

To my good friend, Jan you were a very special person in my life. I love you and I will miss you.

To my husband, Pete, I respect & appreciate you. You are my soulmate...

5 comments:

carmilevy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that the next few days, weeks and months allow you to celebrate the wonderful life she led, and the profound impact she had on yours.

I'll say a little prayer for you - and for her - before tuck-in tonight.

flleenie said...

Thank you Carmi. Your thoughts & prayers are appreciated.

But I must say that for the first time ever, after experiencing the loss of a loved one, I honestly know, that I will be ok. Very cool!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Sometimes we're blessed to connect with those people who make all the difference to us.
Her kindness will live on in your heart...

Jerry in Tampa said...

I am profoundly sorry for your loss... When we lose these connections to our past, it really takes the wind out of our sails... Think of her often and remember the wonderful times...

My thoughts are with you!

Jerry in Tampa

flleenie said...

Thank you Snags & Jerry, your thoughts are appreciated. I loved Jan. She played a key roll in my life. She was 'Grandma Jan'... she was my boss...she was my dart partner...she was my friend...and I will always miss her.