Thursday, September 25, 2008

Everything happens for a reason, right?

Ok, it has been ages since I have posted. There is a reason, which is as follows...

All year long I had been working hard, until July 30th...

On the morning of July 30th, I unwillingly joined the ever growing population of hard-working individuals whom due to the sub-prime rate mortgage idiocy, had lost their jobs.

I was led into a conference room to face an unknown "corporate" HR person who tried to give me the required "separation package" information. I was so pissed off, that I almost couldn't breathe! I just wanted to leave. I cut her off and asked if I could go. Later that day, after my anger subsided, I felt sorry that I had reacted so strongly. She had given me a business card, so I called. She didn't answer, so I left an apology on her voicemail.

I was out of work...God I hate looking for a job!!!! I applied for unemployment, which is some money, but lets face it, it isn't enough...

I revamped my resume. I posted it on a couple of sites and started applying for jobs. The next week was a charm, because I started getting calls left & right!!! The 1st call was the best. I know because I followed it to a new job, which I absolutely love!!!!

If I hadn't lost my job at (***) when I did, then I wouldn't have updated my resume or posted it on
monster.com, which means that EIWF wouldn't have seen it or called me for an interview which would mean I definitely wouldn't be working at one of the best darn jobs I have ever had...


I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason, right?

RIGHT!!!!!

4 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm glad your new digs are working out well.
I wonder if all my toothaches are for a good reason...
N work, I hate it, but I'm getting by- You're lucky to like what you do!

Catherine said...

Sometimes it's hard to find the reason, though! In this case, I'm glad it worked out so well. Visiting from Michele's.

flleenie said...

Hey Snags,I'm still in the "honeymoon" period. We'll see how much I love it come next year! (only joking, maybe...)

But, I survived so many lay offs at TCT and if I had gotten laid off any of the previous times, then I wouldn't be where I am now, which is the type of company I like to work at, small to mid-sized & privately owned, NOT 'corporate America'. That was how TCT was when I started, privately owned...then the owner sold out to corporate America!!! Which obviously didn't work out for me!

Everything happens for a reason.

MaR said...

There you go! congrats on the new job, Michele sent me to say hello :)