Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"Beads...give me Beads!!!!"

Well, here it is, a day or so after the big game and the Patriots lost the Super Bowl...oh, CRAP!!! I heard all kinds of crap at work, but I will always take it with a grain of salt.

Then, all of a sudden, it's Mardi Gras, YEAH!!! Wooo!! Hooo!! There's a parade and celebration. "Beads, give us beads" rings out from the crowd; I'm not talking 'bout New Orleans, but Dunedin. I brought my daughter & her friend to the parade, then we met up with my bff & her family. My strategy for getting beads was just holding my arm up.

We all had a great time...Yelling, "Beads...give me Beads!!!!"

6 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

So apparently the parade people pass them out? I've never been to a Mardi Gras. I haven't been to a parade since '00. I mostly sleep thru them all now...
Sounds like fun!

Michael K. Althouse said...

Sorry 'bout the Pats, but it does leave my Niners in a three-way tie for the best season in the NFL at 18-1. Of course, they lost game seven, not 19...

Happy Mardi Gras!

Mike

flleenie said...

Snaggs, yes,they throw beads.

Mr A, I'm sorry too!

I appreciate the comments!

Snaggle Tooth said...

The local paper advertised a Mardi Gras school day in which they will throw beads n trinkets at the kids IN the Parade... hmmm!
Thanks for the NFL Stat info Mike!

Omykiss said...

Wild! I thought you said you'd settled down!

flleenie said...

Hey Omykiss, Huh??