Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Count Your Blessings

I freak out almost every day because I could not live up to my Mom's expectations. Her last request to me was to keep the "family" together. I took that seriously but it did not happen. To me, family is everything, blood is thicker than water. I tried, but unfortunately, my family does not feel the same way.

I moved to Florida 15 years ago with my dog Micki (RIP). I only knew 1 person. Everything happens for a reason.

I ALWAYS count my blessings!

3 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Don't think that way. You did your best. You can only do your bit. And can't force others. I know how it feels when family is not interested to get together.

Michele sent me here today on a sat!

Snaggle Tooth said...

hmm, I feel like there's nothing I can do about it either! I think if I had more money n free time tho, I could plan visits at least. I don't even get to spend enough time with my own kids!
It's all I can do this cold season to just keep going, I'm so darn tired all the time-

Hope your Easter went ok- I meant to call, but was hurried n had to work. I hate not getting holiday time with family. Can't wait til I don't have to work holidays anymore-

Maybe in time things will improve...

flleenie said...

Snaggs don't worry bout me. I was having a pity party!!!

Except that I have to say, that I really miss having my own apartment, especially everyday when I first get out of work & want 'down-time' then go home & get 'whine-time' instead!!!