Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Closed Door Meetings

I work in the accounting department of a title company. Over the last year and a half, the mortgage industry has taken a huge tumble largely due to the sub-prime lending market crashing. Luckily over 2 years ago, my company was bought by a large nationwide company, which I think is the only reason we are still in business.

But still there were layoffs. Which I have survived.

At work today, there were a bunch of meetings, teams consolidating, teams dissolving, and then came the 'Closed Door Meetings'(Layoff meetings)...I can only hope for the best.

I love where I work & it took a long time for me to find this job! So what the heck!!! I hate closed door meetings!!!

2 comments:

Hugo the Chinchilla said...

I wish you luck! It is a scary feeling. I've been at a few companies through massive layoffs, and it is a really unsettling feeling. Hopefully you will survive the cuts, and if not - then something better is out there for you.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I hate upper management only crapolla. No doubt discussing the budget n how to cut costs, tossing out stupid ideas n such.

They decided there's no more radio music this month, so I've been dying of complete boredom. They constantly change the rules n drive us all nuts.

Hope they leave you little-guys alone n dock the manager's salary n benes- Good luck!