Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I really miss playing Michele games!

Okay, I admit that I'm not on the computer as much as I used to be, which means I don't blog as often as I used to or visit other peoples blogs that much either...but I must admit that when I do get online the first thing I miss is Michele Agnew...

I do not personally know Michele, but I feel like I do. I discovered her site a few years ago. It was awesome. She would write stories, ask questions, pose puzzles, conduct interactive contests. Every week there was something new, different and exciting. Anyone could participate. Also, every week there was the "Meet and Greet". You would say hello to Michele then go visit the person who posted before you, read the latest post, leave a comment and say, "Hello Michele sent me". I really loved playing the 12 (or 13) letter word game!! I rocked at it!!

Well, Michele retired from her blog. I understand that it took up a lot of her time and that she had to attend to her real life. (Go Michele!) So I am not mad at her, at all.

But someone else said they would take over...and they did take over the "Michele Meet & Greet"...but that's all they did...

No more "what if..." questions. No more "list your five favorite movies". No more "six degrees" quizzes. No more games at all! So we are left with a meet and greet and absolutely no FUN at all!!!

I really miss playing Michele games!

8 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I always like Carmi questions n "Caption This" challenges too!

There must be other people out there doing these games... Where did Michelle get the ideas?
Hmmm, maybe try a google for "blog games"

It stinks when your fav regular read goes awol- Neo did it to me last year.
Keep looking, you'll find some-

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my site, although disappointed you didn't have much to say about my content. ;)

I'm really glad the meet and greet is continuing, however and think that NetChick has been wonderful to continue that service. if you want to continue other parts of what Michelle used to do, maybe you should step up yourself and offer them. ;)

C.

flleenie said...

Thank you for your input Cognoscento, but I DID try to initiate games after Michelle left via Netchick site, but no-one would play!

Also, I don't think you commented extensively on my site even though you said you would...

craziequeen said...

Hi fileenie, I remember you from Michele's Meet and Greet.

I'm really glad Tanya has continued the Meet and Greet and am not holding it against her that her blog is still the personal journal it always was for the other five days a week. It's her blog, after all.

I think there is a direct link to the change in blogging style around the bazaars to the rise in facebook and twitter - both of which provide chat and games and fun stuff.

cq

carmilevy said...

I was just reading Michele's goodbye entry and I thought I'd follow a few links home and say hi. Serendipity, perhaps?

I, too, lament the loss of this wonderful hub of bloggy community activity. I'm grateful that Tanya picked up the M&G, and that seems to be trucking along quite nicely. But life moves in only one direction, and it would be unfair to assume any one person could simply replicate micheleagnew.com.

Plus ca change, I guess. Life goes on, things change, and we evolve. We never have to like it, of course. And I'm not sure that I do. I miss it, yet am glad so many folks who participated still seem to be out there, doing their thing, albeit a little differently.

Hope you're OK, too!

flleenie said...

I am not boo-hoo'ing the fact that Netchick has continued the 'Meet n Greet'. I'm just lamenting on the loss of the games that Michelle used to initiate on her site! I loved participating in those games and it is quite clear that no-one has decided to continue that part. So, I am upset, is that so wrong?

carmilevy said...

Nothing at all wrong with that. It's perfectly fine to feel a loss for what is no more. I, too, wish it could have continued. But it hasn't, so my only choice is to pack it away and move on.

Not to put too sharp a point on it, but I'm like everyone else here in that I've got enough seriously pressing issues going on that this particular one doesn't really merit taking top spot on the priority list. As much as I wish my father's health could return, my friend who committed suicide was right here beside me, and my career could follow a predictable road instead of a wild roller coaster ride, I resign myself to the fact that the world is a tempestuous place, and I have to pick my battles and decide to let the lesser ones be.

flleenie said...

OKAY...I understand that everyone has more serious issues in their life than Michelle not playing games anymore! That is not my point. My point is that the games that we played on Michelle's site were a fun and pleasant distraction from all of the stress of everyday life... Obviously, I wasn't the only one who played these games, so it comes as a great surprise to me how I seem to be the only one who misses them!!!