Wednesday, May 09, 2007

American Pride

Tonight I watched the movie 'United 93" I cried through almost the whole thing. The movie re-enacted that fateful morning. The film not only focused on United flight 93, but on the personnel tracking all of the highjacked flights, etc...

I remember that morning watching on TV when the news was reporting that there was a fire in one of the World Trade center towers. I was watching when the second plane crash into the other tower. I cried when the tower collapsed. All I could think was about how many people just died. then the second tower! I had just recently lost my mom, but that was nothing compared to all of the lives that were lost and the lives that were forever changed...I cried then, I cry now and I pray...

What a senseless waste of God's greatest gift...life!

4 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I still don't think I could watch that film yet. It's so painful to think about 911. Such devastating loss. I remember being stuck at work, which sudden; became the least important thing to do. i couldn't wait to get home to see the news. (just radio at work)
Then I was up 3 nights watching it-

I have the film, "In Memorium" I watch at the anniversary-

I'm sure there's desensitized cretains because of that day also, burt I haven't met any yet...

Snaggle Tooth said...

Am I tired as H--- or what?

- suddenly, but !!

flleenie said...

being who I am and knowing what I know, everything happens for a reason... 9-11 still shocks me!

Snaggle Tooth said...

I've been cringing at these violent happenings ever since Columbine, somehow I knew bad events were uncontrollably excalating in our country. I can't say I was shocked.
I've had many dreams of devastation. I can't count the murdered dead I've seen in my sleep!