Thursday, July 26, 2007

In My Bathroom

Well, we finally did it. We had our bathroom remodeled. Completely gutted and revamped. No more 60's blue toilet & tub, no more yellow tile 4 foot high on every wall.

Everyone who really knows me, knows that I am not a decorator, but I figured since the bathroom hadn't been updated since 1960 & we were spending a butt load of money that I would make an effort. I went with bone fixtures, not white! In the shower/tub area there is a glossy tile with light beige & gray accents and on the floor a rough tile that is gray with some beige throughout. My toilet, tub and vanity counter top all match perfectly! I had to special order the vanity,which cost a lot, but the one I received was not the one I ordered! My vanity had to be 54" wide & only 18" deep. I wanted drawers on both sides and doors in the center. I was told "NO CAN DO" Only 1 drawer on each side and then the rest cabinets. But when I got home Friday evening & vanity was installed, I saw that the wood was WAY darker than 'honey oak', but there WERE DRAWERS ON BOTH SIDES!!! (exactly what I wanted to begin with even though, not what I ordered) I would have complained & returned the vanity, but the darker wood does work and I got my drawers! WOO HOO!!

The bathroom is usable but not finished (almost).

When it is complete, I will have to entertain people...in my bathroom!!!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleenie's guided web tours... Flushing!