Tuesday, July 03, 2007

remember when?

I think it sucks that I have to admit to remembering this far back...but I remember when...

  • My allowance was a quarter and I would go to the corner store and get a weeks worth of candy for just 25 cents.
  • penny candy was a penny
  • a pack of smokes was 25 cents
  • at 6 years old, you could leave the house and didn't have to be home until dark.
  • we used to thumb everywhere and we were never worried about crazies & sickos.

Now I think it sucks that I have to know that...

  • it is common practice to give an allowance to a child for absolutely nothing; and it has to be a minimum of $3
  • penny candy - no such animal
  • smokes? over 4 bucks!!!
  • there is no leaving the house alone, well maybe when she is 10 I will let her out, with maximum supervision.
  • thumbing? What's thumbing...(that's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!)

2 comments:

kenju said...

Flleenie, I remember all those things too, but I only thumbed once and it scared me to death!!

flleenie said...

Hey Kenju...I thumbed all the time and actually got caught by my older sister. She saw me get a ride & followed the car I was in beeping her horn & flashing her lights. When I finally got out of the car, she was right there. Boy, she was pissed!!!

I'm lucky to be here right now!