Tuesday, August 21, 2007

In My Neighborhood

I love my home town. I moved here 14 years ago & will never move any where else!

We bought our house 7 years ago. It needed a lot of work, and still does, but we love our neighborhood. Our street is very quiet, not a dead end, but close to it. Usually the only people who drive down it, either live here or are visiting. My daughter is 10, she enjoys riding her bike. We live about 2 blocks from her elementary school, 1 block from the Catholic church and since the end of last week diagonally across from a convicted sexual predator, who by the way, was convicted of molesting a minor under the age of 12, although we don't know the sex of the victim.

I have always been told, that if they do the time...then all is fine...

He was not just a convicted sexual 'offender' but a convicted sexual 'predator'! (there is a difference) Public records show he was 22 when convicted of sexually assaulting a minor under the age of 12.

So much for our quiet neighborhood! And so much for my daughter out riding her bike or anything else, without supervision!



4 comments:

Bobkat said...

How worrying for you! I think with most crimes doing time means they have paid their debt to society but I can totally understand how something like this would be a huge concern for you.

Michele sent me today. Iam having trouble with blogger so be warned this might appear twice for no apparent reason!

flleenie said...

Well, since my post last night I have done alot more research on my new neighbor which entails a very long rap sheet of mostly domestic violence including sexual assault. The records I found started when he was 18 but most all referenced other docket numbers which were sealed because the offender was a minor. I'm not liking this at all. I am a woman obsessed. I need to find out the whole story. I am working on it, but boy would it help to have a friend in Florida law enforcement right now!!!

Tiffany said...

Sad isnt it? When I was her age I was allowed all over my neighborhood. I came home "when the streetlights came on" Or I hear my mom yell for me. Whichever came first. Now days its not like that because of sick people like that! I hope all is well and he isnt any trouble for you and your family! :) Michele sent me.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Very scary. Well, keep the lawn chairs out front n keep watching the bike go round n round (ugh)!
Good luck, well at least you're vigilant.