Saturday, December 22, 2007

Holi-days are melancholy-days...

At least that is what they should be called, and for a good reason. It is a time for love, peace & joy. A time to remember all of your loved ones; your family & friends. And I do remember...Courtney, for example. She would be 23 this year.

As a child, I remember waking up early on Christmas morning...seeing the tree with presents under it. I remember the excitement of ripping open the paper and getting the one doll or toy that I really wanted. Then the other present was always pajamas or some other clothing. There were usually 2 gifts each, most of the time, not including the stuffed animals, and the gifts were cherished!

This is the time of year that I miss my parents the most!

I love you & miss you Mom & Dad!

6 comments:

Andi said...

Who is Courtney??? A sister or friend?

I am glad that you cherish the memories....some people repress them instead.

Michele sent me....hugs.

flleenie said...

A daughter

Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm really not happy working on the day again, knowing I won't be welcoming to other people there who have no clue what it is I've been through... At least you'll be with family who understand!

Also, it's good to build new holiday memories with Ry. She's growing up so fast!

It'll be difficult for me to ever come close to throwing the caliber of celebration our parents were in the habit of doing

awareness said...

holidays can be melancholy days for sure.....it is a time for reflections and dredging up of memories....sweet, bittersweet and painful.

I always miss my grandmother at this time of year. she loved Christmas. But, I try to feel her near us, especially when we are opening presents.

we do what we can.........and cope as we can.

michele sent me to say hi.

David Edward said...

i am so sorry for your loss, it makes the holidays so hard.
I will pray for you, that your life will be filled with enough joy, and that the good we have will be a small bandaid on the wounds of the past. we need to look forward, go forward, live as best we can.
I hope you are well.

flleenie said...

Bluest Butterfly...Courtney is a daughter...