Thursday, December 13, 2007

Let It Snow!

"The competition is on!"; that should be the motto where I work. We are competitive when it comes to obtaining clients, and even more competitive when it comes to internal contests.

Now, this year my department "Rocked" the Halloween decorating contest, we ruled (No-one else even came close), so I figured, we proved our point, we never have to compete again. But no!! 'Tis the season', which means, of course, that there is a contest at work, the "Best Holiday Decoration Contest". I work in corporate accounting. My department is full of analitical people. We think. We have ideas. We obsess. We are perfectionists. So, obviously, as always, we will overcome (when will they learn?)

5 comments:

Pat said...

Well the confidence is there:)
Knock 'em dead! Just popped over from Michele's and having got up at crack of dawn to do the next episode of Past Imperfect am off for my brekker; porridge flavoured with cinnamon and drenched in orange blossom honey. Cheers!

carmilevy said...

When I worked in an office, I learned that your most recent "win" didn't have a whole lot of staying power. The aura wore off pretty quickly, and it didn't take long for the team to move on to the next big challenge.

Human nature, I guess: always striving. I rather like the spirit of that - and of your entry. How neat it must be to be surrounded by folks who get the need to fire on all cylinders when they go to work.

Snaggle Tooth said...

So what's the theme for this one, "Accounting Elves at the North Pole," perhaps? I hope they give out a decent prize, too!

Talk about accounting, after waiting (because of snow) another day to get my check, they now have the center of town blocked off for snow removal, so I can't get to my bank-Grrrh!

flleenie said...

It is awesome working with people who completely dedicate themselves to the task at hand.

And "Snaggs", for Halloween our theme was "Accounting Hell"!

For Christmas, we are transforming our office into a snowglobe... It's gonna be a winter wonderland!

flleenie said...

We came in 2nd place! It looked awesome!