Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Devil Made Me do It

Today at work my department won the 'Halloween theme' contest. We rocked!!!

Usually, our department never participates in these things. We are corporate, a non-income earning department, that the company obviously feels can accurately function, keep the auditors happy, send out wires (payoffs), balance all of the MANY accounts, & handle every/all other banking/accounting issues... with only 4 Indians & 2 Chiefs...

When the email came out about the Halloween contest, one person in my department said, "I want to do it. Let's dress-up as something scary" So I answered, "Well, if we're going to do it, let's do it to win, and we did! Our theme was "Accounting Hell".

Everyone in my department went 'Balls to the wall'. I work at a title company in the corporate accounting department...funny thing...all of the other departments were amazed at our creativity & attention to detail. We weren't. We work in the ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT ...ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS OUR MAIN CONCERN. When wiring funds, our hands hover over thousands & thousands of dollars...one wrong click & poof...money's gone!!

Anyhow, we won the contest. First time competing...and a win!! Then my 'Big' boss said, "Now I expect you to win every year."

I replied, "No, we already won. We don't have to prove anything. Haven't you ever heard of quitting while you're ahead?"

5 comments:

jsdaughter said...

Congrats on winning the contest! Michele sent me tonight..

Snaggle Tooth said...

So you were all either devils or hell-inmates, n had flames all over the office?
Did you make a "Go straight To Hell" sign?
Now I want pictures!

flleenie said...

We were all minions. we decorated our department as hell, flames & all.

There wasn't any "Go straight to Hell sign". We all pitched in & created, not bought, an accounting hell'! It was so cool! We all wore make-up & everything!

I'll send pics. do you have winzip?

Snaggle Tooth said...

No winzip on this revamped puppy- Could you use paint program to resize smaller n save as jpeg?

Don said...

Ahhh good times...

-the 'big' boss :)